The Fraud Center is a fully managed Jack Henry service powered by FICO Falcon that helps First State Bank fight, avoid and deter fraud. The Fraud Center accomplishes this through a combination of proactive rules, scoring, all Falcon user data worldwide (known as consortium data), reports, and automated notifications in combination with the individual touch of live fraud analysts that work to reduce fraud.
Here’s how it works:
- When potential fraud is detected, customer will receive a text alert, which has the “fraud” or “no fraud” response option.
- If there is no response received, customer will then receive automatic phone calls to confirm or deny fraud.
- If customer confirms fraud at any point, the customer will be connected to a fraud analyst.
- If there are any restrictions placed on First State Bank cards a text notification is sent to the cardholder when a transaction hits that restriction.
**It is very important that First State Bank has your most up to date phone contact information. If the Fraud Center alerts to a high risk item the card may be blocked. By responding to the alert, the Fraud Center will be able to unblock the card if it is not fraud.
Each time one of the events 1-4 above occurs, an email notification is sent to our Card Department so that we are aware of the card alert and can also assist in reaching out to the customer if the Fraud Center is unable to reach them.
This service is offered free to cardholders giving them the ability to receive and respond to text alerts on pre-determined transactions chosen by the Financial Institution. Cardholders can receive text alerts to their cell phone for their enrolled MasterCard Consumer and/or Business Debit card, or ATM cards. Customers have the ability to have the card disabled immediately by responding to the text as fraud. If it is a valid transaction, you simply delete the message. You only respond to the Guardian if it is an “unauthorized transaction”. The smsGuardian link to enroll your card is located on the main menu under Security. Informational brochures are displayed in all of our branches. Don’t worry about making a mistake. We don’t make the block permanent until we speak to you!
- Out of state transactions
- Transactions greater than $100
- More than 3 transactions in a 24 hour period
- Fuel transactions -Service Stations and Fuel Dispensers
- Card not Present Alert (when cards are keyed manually)
- International transactions
- Account Funding Transactions (digital wallets, MasterCard Send, Visa Direct,etc)
*Before starting the simple enrollment process you will need to save “The Guardian” in your contacts.
The Guardian text number is 27576. Once you have completed the enrollment you will be asked to text the Guardian the message on the screen. Once the Guardian has received your text, you will be sent a confirmation text.
Lost or Stolen Card?
We have created several ways to report a card lost/stolen 24/7. You can always call First State Bank. We have provided several other ways that are helpful during holidays, after hours, or weekends.
- Hotcard Center (888) 297-3416 A toll free telephone number is available for our cardholders 24 hours a day, seven days a week to report a lost/stolen card. This number is featured on our website as well as through our Telebanking systems.
- NetTeller Online Banking / Report a Card Lost/Stolen NetTeller Online banking allows you the ability to monitor your transactions 24/7 but also has the ability to disable a card. Under the “Options” tab click ATM/Debit Card and check the box next to the card you want to report lost/stolen and click “Submit”. This option will immediately disable the card.
- Call First State Bank at 936-327-5211 or FASTWAY Telebanking (800-364-5211) Our Fastway Telebanking system Option #7 allows you to be connected to the Hotcard Center to report a lost or stolen card 24/7. This will prevent further fraudulent charges until you can get in touch with us.